Saturday, March 08, 2008

ZAPATERO


Many non-speaking Spanish people know that the word ZAPATO means SHOE and I am sure they can easily guess what ZAPATERO means ... ... ... SHOEMAKER.


Well, as I am not supposed to be trying to persuade my hordes of Spanish readers to increase the expected turnout on March 9, allow me to recommend this vintage song written and sang by my most admired BRIAN ENO ('Another Green World' album).


I'LL COME RUNNING (TO TIE YOUR SHOES)


I'll find a place somewhere in the corner I'm gonna waste the rest of my days Just watching patiently from the window Just waiting seasons change, some day, oh oh, My dreams will pull you through that garden gate.


I want to be the wandering sailor We're silhouettes by the light of the moon I sit playing solitaire by the window Just waiting, seasons change, ah hah, you'll see Some day these dreams will pull you through my door


And I'll come running to tie your shoe I'll come running to tie your shoe I'll come running to tie your shoe I'll come running to tie your shoe


Oh, oh oh-oh-oho-oho-oho-oho-oho-o-o-oOh, oh oh-oh-oho-oho-oho-oho-oho-o-o-o I'll come running to tie your shoe I'll come running to tie your shoe I'll come running to tie your shoe...


And then what?

I will be your Zapatero, seeing that GODOT has failed to arrive.

No comments: